Please welcome the 2017-2018 executive officers for our club: Heather Doye (President),...more
Join the Club
Thank you for your interest in joining the Bradenton Kiwanis. It is because of our members, that we truly make a difference in our community “one child at a time.”
The Bradenton Kiwanis supports many programs in this community. You can see our members actively engaged in Kiwanis programs such as Terrific Kids, which promotes good behavior in our local schools. Students of all ages participate in club sponsored leadership development programs such as K-Kids (elementary) and Builder’s Clubs (middle school) programs to provide opportunities for children to develop their skills. High School and college students affect change in our community through the Kiwanis-sponsored programs Key Club and Circle K. None of these programs would be possible without Kiwanis members supporting them.
Local community programs like Better Manatee Day and Big-K Mentoring are Bradenton Kiwanis-sponsored events. Our club also supports infants & pre-schoolers through programs like the Back to Sleep campaign, childhood immunization campaigns, and recently the “every child a reader” program. We also have “Christmas in August,” a program dedicated to providing the “back to school needs” for over 500 Manatee County’s homeless children.
Being a Kiwanian is fun, making new friends and business contacts with others who share common interests. Our meetings, each Tuesday at 12:15 at Bradenton Kiwanis Hall in the Manatee Performing Arts Center, are meant to enrich the lives of our members and guests through education, entertainment, and service.
We invite you to join our club. Become a member of a community-changing organization and make a difference in someone’s life!
Activities of the Club - How to get more Involved
- Inter-Club meeting
- Board of Directors meeting
- Serve on a committee
- Serve one shift ringing bells for The Salvation Army (December)
- Assist with one member event (throughout year)
- Serve on shift selling Christmas trees for the Boys & Girls Club (December)
- Assist with the Fishing Tournament (April)
- Volunteer to serve on Christmas in August event (August)
- Attend a Kiwanis conference
- Work Better Manatee Day (March)
- Assist another Manatee County Kiwanis Club in a service project (year-round)
Sponsor - Member
Each new member must have a Sponsor and Endorser to help the new member become fully involved in the club. The Sponsor is the primary person who should be monitoring new member’s involvement in the club, and the Endorser steps in if the sponsor is unable to fulfill that responsibility. Their other responsibilities are:
- Meet the new member (if not known beforehand) to understand their interest in the club and its activities in the community.
- Sign below, as part of the application process.
- Attend the Membership Committee meeting to present information about the applicant. The Membership Committee may table the application if the Sponsor or Endorser is not present at the meeting.
- If the application is approved by the Membership Committee, the Sponsor or Endorser should attend the Board of Directors meeting that month to speak on behalf of the applicant.
- Notify the applicant on the progress of their application, from committee to Board of Directors approval or non-approval.
- Monitor the progress of the new member in completing the conditions of membership as outlined on the application.
- Participate in activities with the new member, such as greeting, Better Manatee Day, etc.
- Introduce the new member to each of the Club Officers.
- Help the new member determine the best committees for him/her to participate in.
- Celebrate with the member as he/she completes steps in his/her development as a Kiwanian!
Please email email@example.com for more information about joining.
How to sign up and join a committee - review the committees and email the committee administrator (VP of Communications) to be added as a member of the committee. A good recommendation is to pick a committee that you are passionate about the cause.
Volunteering with Kiwanis!
The best way to sign up to volunteer for a Kiwanis event is to reach out to the volunteer coordinator for that event. We also will post the upcoming service events in the calendar online - which you can RSVP to volunteer.